Monday, November 28, 2016

IJPW Iron Road: Sendai

[The show starts with an overhead shot of the arena. We see fans are still filing in and getting to their seats. The scene cuts to legendary commentator Yo Kurasawa and Eric O'Flaherty at ringside.]

KURASAWA: Welcome to live English language commentary for IJPW Iron Road: Sendai! We're at the Sendai Sun Plaza! I'm Yo Kurasawa. Joining me at ringside is Pro Wrestling's Rogue Manager and founder of the Ultraviolence Union, Eric O'Flaherty. Tonight's main event will see the IJPW World Wrestling Championship on the line when Curt Fleischer defends against John Scroggs! Fleischer defeated Scroggs in the Death Crown Tournament and leaped over him for World title contention. This has upset Scroggs, who is a World Crown runner-up. He defeated the World Champion at the time in that tournament, then lost in a Triple Threat Match for the World title because Ronnie Doyle knocked out Nobuyoki Katsushika! Scroggs attacked Fleischer after he defended the title against Katsushika in Osaka, and now he finally gets his one-on-one match for the World title!

O'FLAHERTY: I'm gonna go with Fleischer. Both of them are big and mean, but Fleischer is bigger and meaner. Both of them cut their teeth in barrooms, but Fleischer isn't just a barroom brawler. He can make people submit! He has more to his game. I'm calling it. Fleischer will successfully defend the strap!

KURASAWA: He has to if he wants to go to Budokan with the belt. He's booked in a multi-person tag team match and an Iron Road qualifier in the next two shows. If he loses tonight, he won't be able to get a rematch for the belt until March at the earliest! Also, the IJPW Television Championship will be defended in a big grudge match! Vera Vicious accepted the challenge from Sakura Shizuka, who's one-half of the IJPW World Tag Team Champions and Team Crown holders. Shizuka has been on the winning side in the Team Crown Final. Then, as World Tag Team Champions, Noble Power actually picked Vera Vicious and Ashley Thorne to defend against at Death Crown. There's been bad blood before Vera was brainwashed by Naraku no Soko. She was part of the many who accused Shizuka of sleeping with Katsushika just to get to the top and have herself a formidable partner!

The other members of Naraku no Soko will take on two of your Union guys, who are teaming with Trista Capra!

O'FLAHERTY: Riddick and Teiji “The Terror” Shintaro will team with “The Original Deathmatch Queen” Trista Capra. I'm more than okay with this.

KURASAWA: Capra's in a battle with Naraku no Soko after they turned Ashley Thorne against her. We'll see how well she does when she teams with two members of the Ultraviolence Union tonight. Ricky Holt will represent the Ultraviolence Union when he takes on Sun Demon in Iron Road qualifying action. Also in the qualifiers, we will see Nori Imoo vs. Lorie Koenig, and Markie Bristow vs. Stan Ward. But the highest profile qualifier is El Loco vs. “The Queen” Mercy Monroe. El Loco is a 17-time SWA Cruiserweight Champion, but his 2016 has been a year to forget. He can turn it all around and give himself new life by beating Monroe. With all that said, let's get tonight's action underway!

Iron Road Qualifying Match
Nori Imoo vs. Lorie Koenig 


Eight-Person Tag Team Match
AKIO, Isamu Shinagami, Hirano Denbe, and Astro Honami vs. Lainey Boyle, Takamuku Arai, HATOYAMA, and Nayoko Kon


Iron Road Qualifying Match
Ricky Holt vs. Sun Demon



Iron Road Qualifying Match
Markie Bristow vs. Stan Ward



Six-Person Tag Team Match
Ultraviolence Union (Riddick and Teiji Shintaro) and Trista Capra vs. Naraku no Soko (KANNON, Akuma Usami, and Ashley Thorne)



IJPW Television Championship
Sakura Shizuka vs. (c) Vera Vicious



Iron Road Qualifying Match
Mercy Monroe vs. El Loco



IJPW World Wrestling Championship
John Scroggs vs. (c) Curt Fleischer







POST-MATCH HIGHLIGHTS

[Scroggs is celebrating in the ring with the IJPW World Wrestling Championship in the air. We then hear a mixed reaction when Riddick comes out with a microphone in hand and the IJPW World Crown belt over his shoulder. He climbs into the ring and steps right up to Scroggs, who is handed a microphone.]

RIDDICK: Congratulations on winning the World title. I know you're a worthy champion because you beat the hell out of me in the World Crown Final, but as you probably remember...
[Riddick raises the World Crown belt in the air.]
I won, and I got to carry this fucking thing around for at least a year. I lost to Cat Shit a month later in my World title opportunity, but ya know what? I fucking pinned him not too long ago. I would've left Nagoya as a World Tag Team Champion if my partner didn't shit out on me again... That mother fucker! But ya know what? I've been on it in IJPW recently, and I'm glad you won the World title, John... because I fucking beat you once. I can beat you again. As far as I'm concerned, I deserve a shot at the World title! December 23rd, John... You and me at the Yokohama Arena! I know how much it pisses you off that you couldn't beat me in the World Crown Final!

SCROGGS: Ya know... I could say no and ask ya what the fuck you think you did to get a World title shot. I couldn't give a fuck about what you did in a tag team match. But you're right. It pisses me off that I couldn't beat you in the World Crown Final. It pisses me off that I couldn't beat you in a Tokyo Dome main event. You wanna know what else pisses me off? They call you the most revered gaijin. That's all I hear about. They put your name above mine without question.

RIDDICK: And for good reason. I walked through hell to get that recognition.

SCROGGS: So have I! So ya know what? December 23rd at the Yokohama Arena? You're on! I'll beat my fucking win back and I'll start my reign of terror in IJPW, because this fucking belt isn't going anywhere!